What is Diploma in IFRS?
Offered by Institute of Chartered Certified Accountants, International Financial Reporting Standard (IFRS) is Successfully creating a common accounting language for capital markets.
Diploma in IFRS provides qualified accountants or graduates, possessing relevant country specific qualifications or work experience with an up to date and relevant conversion course, providing a practical and detailed knowledge of the key international financial reporting standards (IFRSs) and how they are interpreted and applied.
• Qualified Professionals/ Part-qualified Professionals (CA/CMA/CS/CA inter/Mcom)
• Graduate+ 2 years work experience
As an international qualification, this course will helps you develop a working knowledge of IFRS, how to apply them as well as the key concepts & principles that underpin them. Now a days knowledge of IFRS is mandatory to be relevant in the field of accounting and finance. Here are few advantages of IFRS:
• One can complete the course in 4-6 month by clearing just 1 exam One can complete the course in 4-6 month by clearing just 1 exam.
• Knowledge of IFRS prepares you for diverse roles in different sectors.
• More than 120 countries has already accepted IFRS. Practical knowledge of these international standards will surely open doors for a globally successful career.
• Continue amendments in these standards will raise the need of professionals who have better understanding for these standards.
• All listed companies in India and corporate having net worth of 250 crores and above are mandatorily required to follow IndAS (Indian equivalent of IFRS).
On completion of this certificate program, candidates should be able to:
• Apply relevant financial reporting standards to key elements of financial reports
• Prepare group financial statements (excluding group cash-flow statements) including subsidiaries, associates and joint arrangements
Structure of the IFRSF/IASB
Extant standards of the IASB
The use of IFRS around the world
The IASB roadmap
The annual IASB bound volume and its use
IAS 1, Presentation of financial statements
IFRS 15, Revenue from contracts with customers
IAS 8, Accounting policies, changes in accounting estimates and errors.
IAS 16, Property, plant and equipment
IAS 38, Intangible assets
IAS 40, Investment Property
IAS 36, Impairment of assets
IAS 23, Borrowing costs
IAS 20, Accounting for government grants and disclosure of government assistance
IAS 2, Inventories
IAS 17, Leases
IFRS 5, Non-current assets held for sale and discontinued operations
IFRS 13, Fair Value Measurement
IFRS 32, Financial instruments – presentation
IFRS 9, Financial instruments
IFRS 7, Financial instruments: disclosures
IFRS 2, Share-based payment
IAS 37, Provisions, contingent liabilities and contingent assets
IAS 10, Events after the reporting period
IAS 19, Employee benefits
IAS 12, Income taxes
IAS 41, Agriculture
IFRS 6, Exploration for and evaluation of mineral resources
IFRS 10, Consolidated Financial Statements
IAS 27 (revised 2011), Separate financial statements
IFRS 3, Business Combinations
IAS 28 (revised 2011), Investments in associates and joint ventures
IFRS 11, Joint arrangements
IFRS 12, Disclosure of interests in other entities
IAS 21, The effects of changes in foreign exchange rates
IAS 29, Financial reporting in hyperinflationary economies
IAS 7, Statement of cash flows
IAS 24, Related party disclosures
IAS 33, Earnings per share
IAS 34, Interim financial reporting
IFRS 4, Insurance contracts
IFRS 1, First time adoption of IFRS
IFRS 8, Operating segments
Principal differences between UK/US GAAP , IFRS & Ind AS
Diploma in IFRS course consist of only 1 exam. Syllabus of IFRS covers:
• Elements of financial statements
• Presentation and additional disclosures
• International sources of authority
• Preparation of external financial reports for combined entities, associates and joint arrangements
Duration: 195 minutes
Fees: 185 GBP
Exam pattern: Essay type questions (paper-pen based)
Passing percentage: 50/100
|Exam Session||Pass Rate (%)|
Job opportunities for IFRS professionals are wide-ranging. Diploma in IFRS qualification is highly demanded in Banking and insurance sector, non-banking financial companies, listed companies, Advisory companies etc filling up the role of financial analyst, consultants, trainers etc.
Also, Skilled and experienced IFRS experts can begin their private consultancy for firms and enhance their income potential.
Diploma in IFRS Training with Saraf Academy
Saraf Academy offers the best quality online live interactive classes with world-class study resources. At the Academy, we provide:
• Best In Class Training Classes
• Video Lectures- Live & Recorded
• Mock exams
• Comprehensive Progress Tests
• Exam Tips
• Study Planner
• Internship and Job Assistance
• 360 degree support